Types Of Insulation – Polyurethane and extruded polystyrene is the standard insulation for walk-ins. Polyurethane is the most widely used due to lower costs and efficiencies.
Types Of Metal Skins – These include Galvalume, G 90 Galvanized Steel, Aluminum, G 90 Galvanized Steel, and Painted G 90 Galvanized.
- Stainless Steel – Resists rust and scratches but more expensive
- Galvalume – Strong but eventually rust and is second most expensive
- G 90 Galvanized Steel – Less expensive but rusts faster
- Aluminum – Does not rust easy; however, is more expensive than steel and dents easier
Floor Choice – Sometimes walk-in coolers and freezers come without a floor. If either comes without a floor, they must be installed on a ground contact concrete floor.
Door Choice – To be satisfied with your unit, make sure you find the one that has the most functional door and one that uses little energy. Check the structure and think about the durability and potential cost associated with repairs.
Outdoor Systems – This type of system will need a rain roof and a winter kit.
Energy Consumption – Check for stamps of approval by organizations like ENERGY STAR®.
Brands You Can Trust
Which brands have the best energy consumption, the best price and longest durability? What about great customer service? Here is a list of popular walk-in refrigeration brands trusted by The Kitchen Spot.
Trusted Walk-In Brands
- American Panel – Both walk-in refrigerators and freezers available. Comes with walk-in monitoring systems and visual and temperature alarm set points.
- Amerikooler – Both walk-in refrigerators and freezers available. Models comes with airtight joints, strong floor construction, and spring assisted hinges.
- Bally – For 90 years, they have been the pioneers of the commercial refrigeration world. Their longevity and recognition in the industry speak for them.
- Imperial Brown – With a vast selection of refrigeration units and accessories, they also develop custom models for your special needs.
- Kolpak – This brand’s units provide peace of mind with their strong focus on temperature variance selections.